Saturday, August 4, 2012

Fun With Guns And Drugs


Our good “Christian” nation is proud that everyone is free to own as many killing machines as they want. Jesus Himself had an impressive arsenal. He told us to love one another, but carry a killing device just in case. If He’d been “packin’” on that fateful day, he could have died in an exciting gun battle, instead of that miserable ‘hanging on a cross’ affair.



Any country like ours is bound to have a shooting “incident” every now and then. Why does everyone still get so upset? The women and children murdered as we Europeans overran North America were as innocent as any other mass shooting victims, yet their slaughter was part of our righteous destiny. The occasional shooting of our own innocents, by our own fanatics, appears to be our destiny as well. And just as righteous.

 
Our beloved military has set the current standard. They routinely murder civilians—“collateral damage”—by the score. People guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time—just like our home-grown massacre victims. So get used to it. If your country is making war and selling death machines all over the world and to your own citizens, there will be random mass killings. Simple math. As a nation we long ago decided that this was part of the equation of so-called freedom. Jesus would be proud.


What goes around comes around, for individuals and for nations. Or, “…whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” Galatians 6:7 KJV

(If we as a nation ever decide to be peaceful, maybe we should start by dismantling our multi-megaton atomic monster, still capable of world holocaust. The potential for global genocide/suicide turns every psycho killer and suicide bomber and their crying survivors into disturbing background noise. If you manage to hear anything.)


%$#@!

Call me brave or stupid, but there is nothing that frightens me enough to cause me to purchase a killing machine. Our governments’ evolution into a “police state” makes me a little nervous, but not enough to want to kill any of their hired gunmen--yet. Weapons are expensive, loud, require regular maintenance and “target practice”, and I have never needed one for anything in my 50-plus years in gun-happy Arizona. Also, I am unstable mentally.


Prophet Doug Stanhope:

“I don’t have a gun. I really shouldn’t have a gun. I’m against gun control, I think guns should be out there, but I know I’m a responsible drunk and drug user, and I should not--with a small man’s complex, a big weakling, and a lot of hate and talking sh*t in strange places--I should not be carrying a weapon, it’s just responsibility, it’s personal responsibility. Other people should learn that, know who you are. I also am a violent alcoholic and I know how I’m going to feel in the morning and there’s not going to be a lot to live for, and I should not have a Glock underneath the pillow before I can get a cup of coffee in me, a cigarette, and think things through.”
From the “From Across The Street” CD. 2009 Stand Up!/-ismist Recordings.

%$#@!


The Actual United States Policy on Guns and Drugs:

Fun for grown-ups.

Prohibition is impossible, and creates long term jobs for many.

Everyone should use wisely as many as they can afford.

Sometimes people die.

Carry on!


No comments: